Wednesday, June 24, 2009

new blog, new fabric


(Denyse Schmidt Flea Market Fancy - out of print/hard to find)

As my quilting journey begins, I thought a new blog was just the thing to capture the journey!

I've been sewing for years (I need to take some photos of Olivia and Michaela's heirloom dresses), but quilting is new to me. Two years ago, I wanted to begin quilting, but it was that same time that I contracted to write a book for the scrapbooking industry, and I just didn't have time to do both. Another book project came right after the first, but finally, this spring I was able to begin!

My first project is still in progress, and I'll take some pics of that soon (American Jane Wee Play on that one). Project #2 began when I joined an online quilt a long. That top is pieced (pics to come soon), awaiting my first attempts at machine quilting. Project #3 is a more traditional project. More on that later, too.

So, 2 years ago, I bought 3 kinds of fabric - some 30's reproduction fabric fat quarter bundles, some Amy Butler Lotus and Belle fat quarters, and some Heather Bailey FreshCut fabrics. Now, 2 years later, I'm on a tight budget and must use what I have....or trade for something I like better :D So trade/swap I have done, and I'm excited to plan a project with some of my small, small stash!

(Denyse Schmidt Katie Jump Rope mostly)


(Sandi Henderson Farmer's Market and Ginger Blossom fabrics)

No comments:

Post a Comment